Monday, October 3, 2011

My Continuing Work on Rizal Book--THANKS!

.
To my “kakambal-diwa” and “kayakap-sigla”:
.
..........I didn’t dare ask your permission to apply to you those descriptions that would have been significant only if they were accepted. Neither did I seek your consent before I decided to consider you a great inspiration to my efforts on a very difficult work I agreed to do before “Finally!” we met face-to-face. Apologies may be in order here even though these decisions entirely my own have actually worked wonders to keep me going through all obstacles including asthma attacks.
.
..........Since the past weeks I have had to comb completely through the thicker one of the two books I brought along when we traveled together to Sta.Cruz, to find additional info to further enrich the draft manuscript I had then. Now I want to share with you the happy news (very happy for me) that I have just finished doing that.
.
..........Tomorrow, I’ll start doing the same thing to another book, a bit thicker and by another author, to find useful information to enrich my manuscript, information that I must have missed the first time I read it. After that, I will integrate my new notes in my manuscript and undertake such tedious chores as preparing the endnotes/footnotes.
.
..........Your expression of confidence in me (something like “I’m sure it’ll be good book.”) helps to keep me going from day to day. I really don’t want to disappoint myself, or my publisher, least of all you. Copies of the printed book, or their equivalent, would have to be on the market by All Saints’ Day, giving us two whole months, the last two months of Rizal’s 150th birth year to work for successful sales and circulation. Wish me luck! Really I need it!
.
..........Working on this book has challenged me to succeed in accomplishing what I had spiritually asked Rizal himself wherever he is in the “Great Beyond”: To enable me to convince our compatriots to go beyond admiring him and instead to emulate with our own lives – with our personal and collective values and decisions – Rizal’s own values and decisions and finally (!) be able to push together our country forward to overall development, well-being, and profound happiness.
.
..........For even just reading this now and for any faint whisper of a little prayer for this old man, I thank you profusely now, my “Dreamed Daughter”!
.
..........(After the end of this month I can have the time to concentrate on working on the script of our planned zarzuela, incorporating all the inputs I shall have received by that time. I really hope you'll agree to be my main teammate in writing and refining that script.)

Ding
October 3, 2011 / Makati City
............

No comments:

Post a Comment